Ok I have decided to share some of our favorite and QUICK recipes once a week. So definitely come back and check and if you decide to make it let me know what you think in the comments. I do enjoy cooking but don't do it very often and only enjoy it if it is quick and easy. This is one of my favorites that my mom cooked when we were growing up and it still continues to be my favorite. It is a great way to get vegetables in for the kids.
Ingredients:
Soy Sauce
Rice (We use Brown)
Frozen bag of Normandy Blend vegetables (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower)
* I buy the steam bag that you pop in the microwave
Thawed Chicken (We get the chicken chunks already cut up)
Chopped Onions and Chopped Celery (You can buy already chopped up in the produce section)
Brown Sugar
Corn Starch
Chicken Broth
Directions:
Saute onions and celery in the skillet (You don't HAVE to do this. I cut it out if I am low on time) Add the chicken chunks to skillet and cook. I add dashes of soy sauce. I like a lot. :o) I cook minute rice in chicken broth to give it extra taste but water works just fine too. I put the vegetables in the microwave while chicken and rice are cooking. When they are done I add them to the skillet when the chicken is cooked and add more soy sauce.
To make the brown yummy sauce take some chicken broth, some corn starch and some brown sugar and mix really well. You see when I cook I don't measure things. It is a little of this and a little of that. I just experimented with the mixture. So if you have to have measurements I will guess. :o) 1/4 cup of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. After you mix real well add it to the skillet and let cook for a few minutes. You will see the sauce start to caramelize. Try it and then you will have to play with the sauce mixture.
Put the chicken mix on top of the rice and enjoy! The first time might take a little longer but once you have done it you can make this meal in less than 15 minutes! Let me know what you think!




No comments:
Post a Comment