Monday, July 13, 2009

Dear Zoey and Berkeley..... From Hunter and Parker(before you were born)

My sister in law created books for the boys before they were born of priceless letters written to them by friends and family. She attempted to do it for the girls but wasn't successful in getting letters from many of the family. But myself and both boys wrote letters to the girls and since we wrote them this time last year I thought it would be great to publish here. Here are the two letters the boys dictated to me. Getting them to "write" anything during the summer is tough. But I was on bed rest so it was something perfect for us to do together. These were written exactly how they said it.
July 2008
Dear Zoey and Berkeley,

I'm your big brother Parker. I am 7 years old. I'll be 8 in October. I hope you have a good time outside instead of in my mom's belly. Welcome to the family. I will help dad teach you sports like softball, flag football, and all other sports. You will love to read your letters from your family when you get older. I'm very excited you are coming and I love you!

When you get here I want to feed you , change your diapers (sort of), carry you, take you on walks in the stroller and tickle you to make you laugh.

Mom and Dad are really fun to play with. When mom was pregnant with both of you I liked to play board games with her in bed. She really likes sleeping late and her favorite dinner is Black Eyed Pea Casserole. I don't like it! She really likes gum a lot. She likes playing video games with me. Dad loves to hunt. You might see a deer head with hats on it in my room. He has to work a lot so you don't see dad a lot. If you want to go to the movies with dad you have to ask him at least 5 times before he says yes. He doesn't like going to the movies but mom does!

Hurry up and get here! I can't wait to see you!
Love your Big Brother
Parker

July 2008
Dear Zoey and Berkeley,

I am your biggest brother Hunter. If you have a problem you can always come to me and I will help you. I will always watch out for you. When I found out mom was pregnant I really wanted a sister. Then I found out it was twins. I was happy and excited. When you are born I will be 10 years old. I will babysit you and take the best care of you. I will teach you how to shoot a BB gun and how to fish.
Our family is awesome. Dad is nice and he really loves you. He likes to hunt. Dad will be patient and take you to get fireworks. Some of my favorite things to do with dad is hunt, fish and shoot fireworks.

Our mom is nice, caring, loving, and smart. She will protect y'all through anything. She will take care of you in anyway. My favorite thing to do with mom is watch movies, go to the lake, and play with the dogs.

I can't wait until you both are born.
Love your Biggest Brother,
Hunter

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Oh my goodness...those are precious!! What lucky little girls to have such great big brothers :)